Social Security Office in East Hartford, CT

You can reach Social Security Office in East Hartford, Connecticut at the following street address and contact number, as well as using directions below. Please, share your experience about visiting this office, provide a review using the form at the end of this page.


478 Burnside Avenue
06108, East Hartford, Connecticut

Phone: Local Number : 1-866-706-6759 National Toll-Free : 1-800-772-1213 TTY: 1-800-325-0778
Worktime: Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
Except Federal Holidays
Directions: Take Exit 58 Roberts St Exit Off I84 To Hillside Ave. Turn Right On To Burnside. Office Is On Left Side Of Burnside. Brick Bldg. Main Entrance In The Back Of The Building.
Simmons Rd and Hillside St1.3 mi - 3 mins
East Hartford, CT, USA
1.3 mi - 3 mins
1. Head west on Silver Ln toward 2nd
0.2 mi
2. Take the 1st right onto Simmons Rd
0.4 mi
3. Continue onto Hillside St
0.6 mi
4. Turn right onto Burnside Ave
Destination will be on the left
315 ft
478 Burnside Avenue06108, , East Hartford, Connecticut

List of Nearest Social Security offices:

Reviews, complaints and questions

Overall rating of this office:

Harold Burt wrote on 20.08.2019 and gave a rating 5 of 5:

My wife and I, and our adult disabled daughter met today with Mrs. Gaynor to go over several complicated matters regarding my daughter's benefits. She was very accommodating and patient, and explained everything in detail, answering all of questions. My daughter, who has met with several public and private representatives due to her disability, claims that Mrs. Gaynor was the kindest person she had ever dealt with.

Zainab kamara wrote on 16.12.2017 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

How can I retrieve my daughter's missing social security number while am outside the country.
Your response would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Zainab.

Dina wrote on 15.11.2017 and gave a rating 1 of 5:

After calling and hearing that I could bring a doctor's verification of patient care in lieu of a license to apply for a replacement social security card, I arrived with it in hand (and waited) only to find it didn't have the correct information. This office should have given the complete information over the phone. Now I will have to a) ask my doctor for a second letter and b) return to the SS office. The counter help rudely circled a list and handed it off; not offering any further assistance. As it turns out, I had one of the pieces of documentation--an employee photo ID--in my car. since I was shuffled away in such a hasty manner, I was not able to retrieve it. This office could show more empathy and help towards the people it is hired to serve.

Keith Alan Cox wrote on 10.10.2017 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I will be turning 65 in February, will I receive my Medicare part A and
C from you automatically? I know I can not sign up for part B until three months before I turn 65. What do I do about part B if I am still working and have health insurance?

Huong Nguyen wrote on 04.01.2016 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

To Whom It May Conern:

My birthday is 11/21/1950. I already received my Medicare card. I'm still working. I would like to collect full my S.S. benefits. When is the earliest date should I apply for my S.S. benefit?

Your time is appreciated.

Huong Nguyen

Submit review


No HTML allowed