Social Security Office in Lansing, MI

You can reach Social Security Office in Lansing, Michigan at the following street address and contact number, as well as using directions below. Please, share your experience about visiting this office, provide a review using the form at the end of this page.

All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020. This decision protects the population—older Americans and people with underlying medical conditions—and SSA employees during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. However, SSA is still able to provide critical services.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, SSA is asking the public to first try to use online services before calling. If you cannot use these online services, you can find the phone number for your local office by using our Field Office Locator and looking under Additional Office Information. (Note, if you already had a scheduled appointment with your local office, an employee from that office will attempt to call you at your scheduled appointment time.)


5210 Perry Robinson
48911, Lansing, Michigan

Phone: Local Number : 1-877-512-5944 National Toll-Free : 1-800-772-1213 TTY: 1-800-325-0778
Worktime: Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
Except Federal Holidays
Directions: Perry Robinson Circle Is Located Off Jolly Road, 2 Blocks West Of Cedar Street, Just Beyond The Msu Credit Union. The Office Is Locatedsouth Of The Military Entrance Processing Center.
S Cedar St4.2 mi - 10 mins
Lansing, MI, USA
4.2 mi - 10 mins
1. Head east on W Allegan St toward Townsend St
440 ft
2. Take the 2nd right onto S Capitol Ave
0.2 mi
3. Take the 2nd left onto W Kalamazoo St
0.4 mi
4. Turn right onto S Cedar St
3.3 mi
5. Turn right onto E Jolly Rd
0.2 mi
6. Take the 2nd left onto Perry Robinson Cir
Destination will be on the right
0.1 mi
5210 Perry Robinson48911, , Lansing, Michigan

List of Nearest Social Security offices:

Reviews, complaints and questions

Overall rating of this office:

Lisa Cole wrote on 12.08.2020 and gave a rating 1 of 5:

My mother 87 year old mother called with a question regarding a SS potential breach (8/12/20 at 1:30) and was treated extremely rude!!

Gene Gowing wrote on 18.06.2020 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I need to report my husbands death and sign up for survivor do I do this when offices are closed? Thank You

ken evans wrote on 04.11.2019 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

i do not have part b-i still have same health coverage as when employed-do i qualify for special enrollment?

Karen Guerrero wrote on 25.04.2019 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

Do I qualify for a portion of my ex husband social security. we were married 22 years and I am collecting my ss

M. Georgopoulos wrote on 07.04.2019 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I agree, Darrell Kennedy - I too, wish that We Could Call - SO IMPORTANT....!!

But, Decent Directions.... ; )

M. Georgopoulos wrote on 07.04.2019 and gave a rating 2 of 5:

I agree, Darrell Kennedy - I too, wish that We Could Call - SO IMPORTANT....!!

Miss Louise Gross/ guardian for miss Debbie headley wrote on 23.02.2019 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

Miss Debbie headley wants to be declared an adult baby and claim social security benefits. What paperwork do you need if
Any? We have court orders from family court and doctors declarations.

Steven Proctor wrote on 08.01.2019 and gave a rating 5 of 5:

My mother passed away in August 2018, how do I get her statement mailed to me so I can get her taxes done?

Darrell Kennedy wrote on 10.12.2018 and gave a rating 1 of 5:

Why no telephone number listed for Lansing, Mi. ??? This is crazy.

Teresa J Rathbun wrote on 13.08.2018 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

Received a letter in the mail wanting my SSA-821. Finally got thru n was told to send in my W-2 n just write I'm no longer working n the effective date so it's in the mail and on here. I was to notify u b4 August 22,2018.

Judy Hunt wrote on 10.05.2018 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I have waited on hold for more than 45 minutes, each time it gets to about 15 plus minutes I am disconnected, cannot get through on the phone to the Lansing office at all.

James A Gerber wrote on 15.10.2017 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

My 14 year old son's mother is rep payee of his Survivors SSI payment and is not using the proceeds for his benefit. We were never married and have always shared joint custody with no court ordered custody judgment. We share custody equally. Since the current rep payee (mother) is not financially responsible how can I become my son's representative payee. Sincerely, James

Gary Nowiski wrote on 30.08.2017 and gave a rating 1 of 5:

Called and left a message for 2 employees to call me back. No return call. Even left a message for the person in charge to call me NO call back. Great customer service

Grace L. Holcomb wrote on 28.08.2017 and gave a rating 5 of 5:

I have not received my medicare card. I signed up for the medicare for age 65 years old about a month ago and have not received the card yet. I am worried it has been lost in the mail. Sincerely, Grace Holcomb

Gina Gaile Cleven wrote on 01.08.2017 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

Do I have to sign up for anything when I turn 65 years old even though I work full time & I have insurance coverage through employer?

James G. Berry wrote on 11.10.2016 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

Do I have to sign up for anything when I turn 65 years old even tho I work full time & am covered by my wifes insurance?

Shirley Bennett wrote on 22.06.2016 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

When one spouse dies and both husband and wife are on social security, does the living spouse receive any of the deceased spouses benefits?

RONALD CICHON wrote on 01.03.2016 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I'm payee of my disabled Son. He is vulnerable and others are attempting to change his payee, which I contest/object to. How do I insure My Son's best interests are secure re: Payees

shealea parks wrote on 24.01.2016 and gave a rating 5 of 5:

I am moving to lansing michigan from mt olive nc with my daughter. She gets ssi and ssa. Her dad is her payee so i would like to know what i need to do. Her money comes in a check through the mail. So do i need to change it here or can i wait til we move. My number is 843-267-2090

[email protected] wrote on 23.07.2014 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

would like a copy of my social securty sent to me please

Submit review


No HTML allowed