Social Security Office in Salem, OR

You can reach Social Security Office in Salem, Oregon at the following street address and contact number, as well as using directions below. Please, share your experience about visiting this office, provide a review using the form at the end of this page.

All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020. This decision protects the population—older Americans and people with underlying medical conditions—and SSA employees during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. However, SSA is still able to provide critical services.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, SSA is asking the public to first try to use online services before calling. If you cannot use these online services, you can find the phone number for your local office by using our Field Office Locator and looking under Additional Office Information. (Note, if you already had a scheduled appointment with your local office, an employee from that office will attempt to call you at your scheduled appointment time.)


Ste 110, 1750 Mcgilchrist St Se
97302, Salem, Oregon

Phone: Phone: 1-800-772-1213 TTY: 1-800-325-0778
Worktime: Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
Except Federal Holidays
Directions: To Get To The Office From Downtown Salem, Drive South On 12th Street And Turn Left On Mcgilchrist St Se. From The South, Drive North On 13th Street And Turn Right On Mcgilchrist Street Se. The Bldg Will Be On Your Right As You Drive East On Mcgilchrist. Free Parking Around Bldg. Deaf & Hard Of Hearing Callers Should Use Oregon Relay Service @ 711
12th St NE and 12th St SE2.5 mi - 7 mins
Salem, OR, USA
2.5 mi - 7 mins
1. Head east on Center St NE toward Church St NE
0.5 mi
2. Turn right onto 12th St NE
0.7 mi
3. 12th St NE turns slightly left and becomes 12th St SE
0.9 mi
4. Turn left onto McGilchrist St SE
Destination will be on the right
0.3 mi
Ste 110, 1750 Mcgilchrist St Se97302, , Salem, Oregon

List of Nearest Social Security offices:

Reviews, complaints and questions

Overall rating of this office:

Theodore J Untalan wrote on 04.05.2020 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I have not received my stimulus check other SS recipient have it ..what is the delay

Mario Labra Labra wrote on 24.12.2019 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

why do I have again my benefits changed, because last month or two months ago SSA did one more time again.

Lucille Suppach Samson wrote on 14.11.2018 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

Some one using my name to collect SS or unemployment. I've had it no one checks the name I have no middle name there is a Lucille F Suppah by marriage her maiden name Teeman. I want it investigated I am working here in Warm Springs Oregon.

Shanie Brady wrote on 22.03.2018 and gave a rating 1 of 5:

I have been trying this entire week to get an answer about an application I sent in to replace a lost social security card for my daughter. What a joke. No one had record of any processing/rejection of the application. I have no idea if/when the application was rejected or if it simply lost in translation. I asked the lady if there was any record of the rejection. She said no. Any idea when our documentation was mailed back. She had no idea. I think this office could be doing a ton better to keep records on accounts showing where/what is going on with a person's ss information. I found it disheartening and the woman I spoke to didn't really seem to care about my concern since our passports were somewhere between here and there. Must be nice to make so much money she can just be blaze' about passports that are hard-earned by the middle class working people.

Michael Stokes wrote on 08.03.2018 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I don't have a review yet, but do have a question I hope you can help with. I retired at age 63 with a reduced benefit, my wife, who is five years older, received spousal benefits of 1/2 my full amount if I retired at age 66 because she was already over 66 years old. If I were to die before her would her survivors benefits be based upon my current reduced amount or on what I would have received at full retirement age?

Richard Bennett jr wrote on 06.02.2018 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

all I needed to do is to tell you that my po box got closed in that time they sent mail back but I paid my rent an it's up an running again . I'm still in the same spot an same address.I didn't recieve my check an noww ck bouncing please help

ss# 541-78-3407

Melvin Frisbey wrote on 26.01.2018 and gave a rating 5 of 5:

Once you make contact, the people in the office are great, very helpful. But the ridiculous phone msg wastes time and had to make several tries before finally got through to set up a call back to make an appointment to receive benefits.

Steve wrote on 24.01.2018 and gave a rating 1 of 5:

I would give the whole system as SUCKS rating....very poor... I can't reach anyone by phone, it rings, and rings, then cuts me off.
Going there is a nightmare...

Bradley Bird wrote on 13.10.2017 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

your system is very poor , I needed to talk with someone on a sercurity issue and your recording was a waste of time :(

michael love wrote on 06.05.2017 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I came in to drop of W-4 forms. I asked the security staff if there was a place I could leave them. He replied "sorta" and directed me to the screen. I asked I would have to wait, and he replied "yes". I could not wait. There needs to be a drop off box for forms so if a person does not need to see a staff, they do not have to wait.

Stephanie Reeves wrote on 14.06.2016 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

I have SSDI what is the most I can make and, not have it effect my ssdi?

Juduith Robinson wrote on 01.04.2016 and gave a rating 4 of 5:

What did my S.S.I. payment become less?

jeff cravens wrote on 12.11.2014 and gave a rating 3 of 5:

'My name is jeff cravens and there is a question that I need to ask?
#1 I have my birth certificate and a chase bank card with my name on it, although the account was closed after my brother passed away, as he had me put on his account. and the only other piece of information I have to obtain my social security card is a photo of my other I.D. from the state of Idaho, which expired on my birthday. What do I need to do in this matter? I would greatfully appreciate it if you could give me a little information thank you for your time in this matter (sincerely) jeffcravens

Submit review


No HTML allowed